Nose Cone

Guest robert elms

Guest robert elms

Hi everyone i am doing the nose cone at the mo and have fitted it but i seem to have a gap on the bonnet (the bit that rolls round) is this normal or have i done something wrong. Also the front end of the bonnet wants to pop out past the chassis i have noticed that the bonnet edges that meet the car seem to be turned up and are not sitting flat again is this normal???? :huh:

Hi,

Before you fit the nose cone grab hold of the bonnet edges and pull the bonnet edges inwards. I'm sure this is on the video's if you have them.

It's normal to have the gap at the corners of the nose cone. Just start in the middle of the bonnet and work out with your fasteners, the corners will pull up tight. The nose cone is shorter than the edges of the bonnet though.

HTH

Nige

Guest boggybogstar

Hi Rob

That doesnt sound right!, the scuttle, bonnet and nose cone are all really dependant on each other for lining up - when I popped down last week your scuttle looked exactly how mine does so that should be ok - my bonnet overlaps my scuttle by about 3/4 inch and then sits exactly in the resessed bit of the nose cone.

With the nose cone in place the bonnet sides should fit flat ontop of the side panels (mine doesnt exactly which i need to adjust), you may get a small gap between the nosecone resess and bonnet (I have and I need to find a foam/rubber strip to fill it!

is the nosecone too low?

post some pictures and hopefully we can see

Thanks

Tony