Wiring Looms For Beginers

Guest robbie

Guest robbie

Yet again the subject of donor wiring loom!!!!!!

I have looked at all older postings on this subject and have tried to work from these details in using loom from 2.0l saphire gls for robin hood. I have put twin 40 dellortos on so think that engine management wiring should be redundant. I am unsure of which bits to cut off since they may feed power back to other areas.

Is it at all possible to approach this task in a way that doesnt take 20 years and without bringing on migranes and bouts of despair???

I am trying to build as much from donor as poss but am ready for Vicky Green anytime!

Also can someone explain sub loom? (I take this to be the bit from battery to alt, starter)I have plug for "brain" which I would like to remove but am afraid it returns power elswhere. I cant see how this routes to fuse or relay?

Any help or links to help would be appreciated

Guest daveg

:)

Robbie

A sub-loom is just a part of the loom that is different for each model of Sierra.

So if you have EFi you will have a sub-loom...

If you have points you will have a different sub-loom from the guy(girlie) :blink: who has eletronic ignition...

You need to be careful because your ECU may control your ignition timing!

Dave