Radiator

Guest agi

Hi All,

Well the weather was nice today so took the hood out for a spin and decided to run her up the motorway.

but to my dismay she decided to empty all the coolent out of the radiator. engine turns over freely and for now that is all i can say :cray:

so now i must replace this unit.

only problem is what did it come off ???? :help:

The car is a 2ltr pinto engine with a top fill radiator.

any ideas, dont have lots of information. just got the car a few weels ago and still at the bottom of this very steep learning curve

have just replaced the sized viscous fan for one that works but will change it over to an electric fan at some point

Guest Mike-16
Hi All,

Well the weather was nice today so took the hood out for a spin and decided to run her up the motorway.

but to my dismay she decided to empty all the coolent out of the radiator. engine turns over freely and for now that is all i can say :cray:

so now i must replace this unit.

only problem is what did it come off ???? :help:

The car is a 2ltr pinto engine with a top fill radiator.

any ideas, dont have lots of information. just got the car a few weels ago and still at the bottom of this very steep learning curve

have just replaced the sized viscous fan for one that works but will change it over to an electric fan at some point

replaced mine over the winter but old one is still OK I think it is the 0ld cortina rad, anyway it worked fine you can have it for a fiver plus postage if it is any use to you.

Mike 16 :rolleyes:

Guest robinj66

If your radiator looks like the piccie then it is a Cortina rad. I would take mike up on his offer but if you don't for some reason, get in touch - think I still have a new one in the shed.

You might want to investigate why your coolant was dumped. It could be as simple as a stuck thermostat - best to check it at the moment as you have already drained your engine. I would also take the opportunity to flush the system (block & rad) through with a hose to remove any crud that has accumulated. It may be as simple as the fact that your prvious fan wasn't working properly - these cars do tend to run quite hot ;)