Megajolt Pinto Maps

Guest nick-c

Guest nick-c

Hi all,

Have just installed the Megajolt to our S7. Has anyone got any maps for a 2litre pinto standard/stage1 they can show me?

I've searched these forums and found several links but none of the maps I tried agreed with my engine. Has anyone got a map for a standard carb pinto that I can look at?

Any tips welcomed B)

thanks,

Nick

current map..

Image1a.jpg

Proposed Map

Image2a.jpg

Guest woolly

just about to go through this my self. when i get a front pully and bracket sorted (any help please)

in what way does it not agree with your engine.

i have loaded the base pinto map from there web site, but i think it will change as i would have thought that compresion ratio carb type etc, will play a part.

have you checked with a timing light that 0deg on the MJ is 0 deg on the engine.

woolly

Guest nick-c

Thanks for the link,

I have tried that map but as soon as you get to 2000rpm the engine starts to stutter and the advance goes to zero.

The car ran fine with the default 4cyl map thats included with the megajolt. The first map I posted we did ourselves and the car ran a lot better, with a lot more grunt. The second one I posted we haven't tried yet - as you can see it shows more graduation.

We are mainly trying to achieve good power between 2000 and 4500 rpm - just would like to know if we're going in the right direction! ;)

Cheers,

Nick

Guest nick-c
just looked a one of that gents files and the soft rev limit is set to 2000 so would zero out advance at that point.

woolly

aah good spot B)

I'll it without the limit

cheers!

Nick

This is the map I use. I have a bog standard 2.0l Pinto with a Weber 32/36 and my megajolt has the MAP sensor hence the load bins run from 25 to 100. The map you are using is set for a throttle position sensor.

I have being running this map for a couple of years but as yet have not has it setup on a rolling road.

post-347-1246303133_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Guest nick-c
This is the map I use. I have a bog standard 2.0l Pinto with a Weber 32/36 and my megajolt has the MAP sensor hence the load bins run from 25 to 100. The map you are using is set for a throttle position sensor.

I have being running this map for a couple of years but as yet have not has it setup on a rolling road.

post-347-1246303133_thumb.jpg

Meant to say thanks :)

currently using your map and the car is going great B)

Nick