Accelerator Pedal Mounting, Zero

Guest Billfish

Guest Billfish

Can anyone post a photo of the mounting of the accelarator pedal, as there dosent seem enough room between the mounting point and the pedal box cover panel.

Thanks,

Bill

Guest pencil

Sorry can't post photo, but the bolt fits through the

hole in the side of the panel.(ish)

I think Tonyb has a picture of it on his blog.

Hope this helps.

John

Guest zoomzoom

Hi

On my zero I had to cut the mounting tube (it looks like they have used a crush tube from the suspension poly bushes) as it was way too long. I ended up cutting about 10 mm from each end but I didnt take any pictures of it as it turned out a bit of a pigs ear.

Also the pre cut hole in the pedal box didnt line up so I had to put a plate over the hole and redrill it.

Guest Billfish

Thanks for the help an photos.

Looks like I need to cut down the mounting tube, and re-drill the hole in the pedal box cover, as none of it lines up. At least I know its the car that's wrong, not me!

Bill

Guest JimMearns

Just done my pedal box this week. I cut 5mm off each side of accel pedal tube. Did manage to line up the outer hole by a bit of careful rebending of the box to get it squared up. Had to dome the nearside panel to allow bolt head for clutch/brake pedals to fit through. Also bent the flanges to go down side of chassis tube so it looks a lot neater. I intend to put a longer bolt through from the outside of the box with a nyloc inside.

post-3809-1249717559_thumb.jpg

post-3809-1249717570_thumb.jpg