Rear Discs

Guest oddsocks

Guest oddsocks

I bought a donor car and its got discs brakes all round. Is it going to give me trouble when i come to put them on the back? Any tips or info i need to know when fitting? do i need to get some brackets made up?

J

Are you building the zero?

I have disc brakes on the back of mine don't think it was a different connection on the hub.

The only way I could attach them without fouling on the handbrake cable was to mount them upside down.

This means that when I bled them I had dismount them from the hub, bleed them, then reattach before finishing disconnecting the bleed kit.

But they do work.

Also, as has been suggested, check out how you dismantle them prior to refurb.

If I can recall, the sierra rear calipers unscrew when you have a good grip on the piston.

Regards

Ian

Guest boggybogstar

Hi Ian

Last weekend I stripped an LSD, driveshafts and rear discs from an old 4x4 and my winter project is to swap the drums on mine with this .......... did you need a bias valve on yours?

Hi Ian

Last weekend I stripped an LSD, driveshafts and rear discs from an old 4x4 and my winter project is to swap the drums on mine with this .......... did you need a bias valve on yours?

I did need one, otherwise the braking will be 50:50 due to the weight difference from the sierra.

I purchased one online here:

Brake Bias valve

anyway something to think about when you use it

all the best

Ian

Guest oddsocks
Are you building the zero?

I have disc brakes on the back of mine don't think it was a different connection on the hub.

The only way I could attach them without fouling on the handbrake cable was to mount them upside down.

This means that when I bled them I had dismount them from the hub, bleed them, then reattach before finishing disconnecting the bleed kit.

But they do work.

Also, as has been suggested, check out how you dismantle them prior to refurb.

If I can recall, the sierra rear calipers unscrew when you have a good grip on the piston.

Regards

Ian

Thanks for the advice Ian, Yeah i am building zero. So i'll need to get a bias valve as well then?

Guest oddsocks
Get a Haynes manual before tring to refurb rear disk calipers..

I started got the piston stuck and had to buy second set of refurb calipers

Im hopin to get haynes manual ;)

Pm sent tony.

Thanks for the advice Ian, Yeah i am building zero. So i'll need to get a bias valve as well then?

Yep, mine failed SVA first time around because of this. He also insited on it being a hidden valve that was fixed. I had to drill it and pin it there when the correct braking tolerance was reached, although I know other haven't needed to go this far.

Ian