Sva Dvla Directive

Guest dremmel1

Guest dremmel1

This was posted last night on the Cobra forum

I have just received copy of a VOSA Directive. It reads:-

Dear All

At a recent meeting with the DfT I was given an action to remind those people who have recently passed an M1 (car) SVA retest to ensure that their vehicle is registered with DVLA by the end of December 2009. You will recall that SVA certificates will not be accepted by DVLA for M1 (cars) vehicles as evidence of approval for registration after the end of December.

May I ask you to contact those people who have recently had a car SVA retest, and been issued with a certificate to remind them of this date.

Thanking you in anticipation.

Regards John

Head of Light Vehicle Approvals

Roadworthiness & Testing Policy Group

Strategy and Performance Directorate

Vehicle and Operator Services Agency

So if anyone has passed an SVA and not yet registered their car with DVLA you need to get it done by the end of this month otherwise you will need to put it through the new IVA test

Is everyone here aware of this, is it correct :o :o

Guest dremmel1

After a call to the local testing station it is correct and has infact been extended from October because they have had so many complaints due to lack of communication. (WELL FANCY THAT !!)

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So if anbody is holding on to a MAC get you skates on !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After a call to the local testing station it is correct and has infact been extended from October because they have had so many complaints due to lack of communication. (WELL FANCY THAT !!)

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So if anbody is holding on to a MAC get you skates on !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi after reading the posting I contacted a friend of mine who has a completed car passed sva earlier this year and has not registered the car yet.He gathered together all his relevant paperwork and raced off to sheffield the local dvla office only to be told there they dont know anything about the 31st of december cut off date and they have not recieved any instruction from vosa to that effect has anybody any further info?????????

cheers

Nigel

Guest graham dockerill
;) Nigel, I bet if he had gone in jan 2010 they would have know about it. Is that me being cynical or what during the season to be merry, Happy Cristmas everyone.

;) Nigel, I bet if he had gone in jan 2010 they would have know about it. Is that me being cynical or what during the season to be merry, Happy Cristmas everyone.

Graham

Got to agree with you on this one my pals car is booked in for build up inspection 31st of dec

better to be safe etc,etc.

seasons grettings

Nigel

Guest dremmel1

I have to agree, it is all very confusing, the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing, but hey, nothing new there then in goverment. It's not untill you wander along in the new year and they say " sorry mate you've missed the deadline didn't you know " that you think S*** You Ars**es make it up as you go along.