Gbsc Alternator Kit

Guest mcramsay

Guest mcramsay

has any one else fitted one of these yet? i went to fit my GBSC denso alternator kit and got all the brackets on, got the alternator in and then the idle pulley on and then when i went to fit the drive belt it was far too small, so i cant get it over all the pulleys, and i was putting it on using the picture provided so i wasnt going the wrong route with it or anything like that. am i being stupid and missing something or what?

Edited by mcramsay

Guest mcramsay

Well no... I paid 200 odd quid for the full alternator kit. I'm not spending more money ! If the belt is wrong they should send me a new one! But I dunno if it's the belt or the way I've put it together!

Guest boggybogstar

I fitted an idler pulley from a Jeep cherokee and a small denso type alternator, fabricated by own brackets and then measured the route with string and bought the belt from Halfords - all in it was about £15

Havent seen the GBSC kit but doesnt the idler turn on it's centre bolt (with a spanner) so you can get the belt on and then when you let it go it tensions it nice and tight?

photo's would help, i can understand wanting GBSC to change it but the belts are only about 7 to 8 quid in Halfrauds!

Guest mcramsay

well the alternator is as close to the engine as it can go, and the idle pulley is as close as it will go to the engine, and the belt is maybe 2 inches to short, there isnt a it wont even pull up close to the idle pulley. i guess im getting annoyed as if it is the belt its just another thing that GBSC have got wrong. but as i said it could be me so i will call richard in the morning. i cant see how i could have done it wrong though as everything (bar the belt) fits as it should