Which Ht Leads?

Jamiep

Evening all,

I need to replace my HT leads after a slight 'lead meats pulley' incident :rolleyes:

Anyway, tried Halfords a couple of weeks back but they where too short and wrong ends.

Decided to splash out and get Magecor as they have never let me down before, but the ones that have come also have the wrong ends :huh:

As far as I know the donor car was a C reg (85) sierra 2ltr, as stated on MOT found in folder of stuff with the car. But I also know the engine has been recon'd due to receipt that just say recon engine.

Its a 205 block SOHC so how am I going wrong?

photos below show the differences:

coil lead.

coil.jpg

No 4 lead.

4lead.jpg

cap top and coil.

capncoil.jpg

the lead set I have is 4022 for Ford Sierra OHC 1.3/1.6/1.8/2.0 82 on

I am starting to wonder if I have the wrong dizzy cap and leads as when I replaced the cap and rotor arm there were two types with different connectors, I just got the one that the leads fitted onto.

Can anyone shed some light on this please.

Regards,

Jamie

i had that problem when i bought some ht lead ended up buying a dizzy cap amd rotor to match with inward connectors on it

it was a beru cap part number vk 106 it was only £5.99

rotor arm was intermotor 48920s

hope that helps

Got a new cap from Halfords, part number HDC500. The local one isn't too bad aslong as your look through the books yourself and pick all the veriants off the shelf and check for yourself. fits aswell :) was cheaper then the previous one I got from the local motor factors too @ £5.99.