Sierra Brake Calipers

Guest fathead

Guest fathead

Hi all

Does anyone have a pair of Sierra fron brake calipers going cheap? I have got the discs (vented) and the sliders but I am need of a set of calipers.

Hope you can help and thanks in advance

Steve

Vented discs came in 240 or 260mm diameters (on the "normal" models - i.e. non Cosworth) and the calipers are a little different. You might want to specify which you need.

I think I've got a set of 240mm calipers kicking around somewhere but would have to have a dig through my boxes and I'm a bit far from you so we'd end up looking at postage which is not inconsiderable on lumps of cast iron. If any come up closer go for them but if you're stuck let me know.

Iain

Guest fathead
Vented discs came in 240 or 260mm diameters (on the "normal" models - i.e. non Cosworth) and the calipers are a little different. You might want to specify which you need.

I think I've got a set of 240mm calipers kicking around somewhere but would have to have a dig through my boxes and I'm a bit far from you so we'd end up looking at postage which is not inconsiderable on lumps of cast iron. If any come up closer go for them but if you're stuck let me know.

Iain

Hi Iain

Many thanks for your response. I have measured the disc's as you suggested and they are 240mm vented discs. If you are happy to sell the ones you have then please let me know how much you would like for them and how much it would cost to post them down.

Thanks again.

Steve

Guest Techmage
Hi all

Does anyone have a pair of Sierra fron brake calipers going cheap? I have got the discs (vented) and the sliders but I am need of a set of calipers.

Hope you can help and thanks in advance

Steve

I've got a set of calipers. Brought as replacements for mine but as mentioned in previous post, there are different sizes

and these didn't fit my sliders. Piston size is 50m I think (which is bigger than my originals) Let me know if your interested.

Hi Iain

Many thanks for your response. I have measured the disc's as you suggested and they are 240mm vented discs. If you are happy to sell the ones you have then please let me know how much you would like for them and how much it would cost to post them down.

Thanks again.

Steve

I'll have to have a dig first and make certain I'm not telling porkies and that I do still have them.

Iain

Guest fathead

Thanks to you both

Techmage: I'm not too sure of the size of the piston that is needed to fit my sliders. All I can tell you is that I have 240mm vented dics. Does anyone nknow if these will fit?

Thanks in advance

Iain: Thanks for the reply. I'll look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers

Steve

That the guy in Goole? if it is he seems to be breaking Sierras pretty constantly but he don't half seem to charge for stuff.

Steve - I've found a set of calipers for 240mm brakes but they are mega rusty. They were working when they came off the car but have been sat in a wooden box in the garage since. You can have them for whatever it cost to get them to you as they look like might not be good for anything other than handing back as exchange units on a re-con pair. I'll get a price for postage ASAP but there's something big kicking off at work so it might not be this weekend.

Iain

Guest fathead
That the guy in Goole? if it is he seems to be breaking Sierras pretty constantly but he don't half seem to charge for stuff.

Steve - I've found a set of calipers for 240mm brakes but they are mega rusty. They were working when they came off the car but have been sat in a wooden box in the garage since. You can have them for whatever it cost to get them to you as they look like might not be good for anything other than handing back as exchange units on a re-con pair. I'll get a price for postage ASAP but there's something big kicking off at work so it might not be this weekend.

Iain

Hi Iain

Thanks for that. There was some on Ebay that I was watching that didn't sell. I have contacted yhe seller and he is willing to sell them to me for a tenner, I've just got to get up to Notts to collect them. I'll give these a go. I really appreciate you looking.

Thanks again

Steve