Rev Counter

Guest robert elms

Guest robert elms

Hi All

Anyone know how you would go about making your own rev counter (lights) I have some L E D lights and thought it would look great but have no idea how ??????????? I am running a emmeralde ecu with zetec >

Thanks in advance.

Rob

Guest The Modfather

Ummmm, that looks interesting. Rob, where will you get your parts from? I'm wondering if there is somewhere else other than Maplins, as I'm fed up with the staff at my local branch, as their knowledge stutters sometimes even on the basic electronics.

Guest robert elms

Got the bits from fleebay all i have at the mo is the LED's and resistors , did'nt know if you could simply take a wire from the back of the rev counter and divert it to the lights but looking at the diagrame neil has given i guess not ???? more thinking to do .

Rob

Guest boggybogstar

Rob - you do like a challenge !!

I reckon the diagram above would work wired directly from the ECU but not only will your existing rev counter not work but you'll also have to buy the additional items on the circuit diagram.

instead you could use them as shift light indicators from the ECU, ie flash up when it's time to change gear?