First Drive Of Bike Power Kit

Guest rizla

:huh: my mate from the last place i worked came round today,in his gt1 hes built and on the road today legaly,i had my first ever drive of a bike powerd car

it should be great on a track, but i was so disapointed at the drive i know now i will never have a road car with a bike engine,john(my mate)agreed it is not up to road use really and is useing it for hill climbing competitions where it should do well

has anyone had any similar exsperiences of bike power,or is it just me :(

;) it accelerated quite well but had to be doing over 8000 revs for it to go anywhere when you concider it has 150hp aprox its about the same a a tuned pinto just ask tim,but seriously lacks in torque hence it just does not pull low down,if it werent for the sequential gear box i dont think it would even be good for the track :(

Guest Stuart Ainslie

Hi Rizla,

Yes - I have experienced a bike-powered Seven...

My old boss at work has a lightweight (about 480Kg) Westie. At the time I went in it, it had a 919cc FireBlade engine with a 75BHP Nitrous kit. Accelerated like the proverbial...

He has now moved to the US with work, he has taken his Westie out there and has since converted it to Hayabusa power complete with the Nitrous kit - It is now kicking out 250BHP (Approx 500BHP per Tonne!)

He is racing it in a Street car eliminator series in the US and apparently is wiping the floor with the Yanks and their big 'V' engines.

I did consider sticking his old FireBlade kit in my 2B but was put off by the portly weight of the 2B (Probably about 850Kg)

Next time around, its going to be a Stuart Taylor chassis with a bike motor......

Stuart.