2.0 Pinto Valve Stem Oil Seals

wirdy

Hi people,

Just about to do my seals and had previously got some pattern seals from a well known auction site. Having read that the genuine ford ones are much better, & I didn't want to be doing the job again in a few thousand miles, so got my Dad to get some from the local Ford dealer.

Hmmm. the genuine ones are a different size to my ebay ones, so which is correct?? (plus the fact the Ford ones were £3.91 +vat EACH!!)

The Ford ones I now have in my hand are part number 1474550. Desc - Seal-valve stem. Finis Code 63X23D06.

Also on the packet is an old part number 1474550 and the words "Dichtring EEG 6 Seal 70 HM 6571 A1B"

Can anyone confirm I have the correct genuine seals? they seem a bit steep?

Guest steveyb
Hi people,

Just about to do my seals and had previously got some pattern seals from a well known auction site. Having read that the genuine ford ones are much better, & I didn't want to be doing the job again in a few thousand miles, so got my Dad to get some from the local Ford dealer.

Hmmm. the genuine ones are a different size to my ebay ones, so which is correct?? (plus the fact the Ford ones were £3.91 +vat EACH!!)

The Ford ones I now have in my hand are part number 1474550. Desc - Seal-valve stem. Finis Code 63X23D06.

Also on the packet is an old part number 1474550 and the words "Dichtring EEG 6 Seal 70 HM 6571 A1B"

Can anyone confirm I have the correct genuine seals? they seem a bit steep?

Page 41 of:-

http://catalogue.jpgroup.dk/pdf/jpgroup/fordkataloguk.pdf

Shows the part number 1474550 and 70 HM 6571 A1B as being valve stem oil seal for Sierra 1.6 & 2.0 from 01/87 - 02/93

Guest micha_1

from my expirience i can say:

all the stem seals which came in the common aftermarket headgasket sets , e.g. from burton, went straight into the bin.

i think that says all about the quality, compared to quality items, e.g. from ford