2b Windscreen

Guest martynr

Guest martynr

Hi all

Further to my previous posting this week, having now established that the screen and frame is the right one for the car. Can anybody give me some advice on how best to form the radius on the uprights whilst ensuring that the uprights remains upright. I believe that from the state of the ones i have already someone has had a bit of a go with them and they are very distorted.

Not a body man unfortuneatly so need a bit of guidance on this one. I am off to the show the weekend so hoping to pick up a new pair their if i can, and then set about fitting the screen.

GBSC had some thicker gauge alloy ones at Newark last year. May be easier to shape and bend. Basic idea is to shape the triangle part to the body side (repeatedly hit with ball piene hammer while supported across two bars - keep working to a nice curve), then put a crease in where the curve part meets the straight upper section. Finally when held in position on body sides they will splay out to the rear, so the upper post needs to be twisted back to keep the two post parrallel with each other.

Guest Alan_builder
Hi all

Further to my previous posting this week, having now established that the screen and frame is the right one for the car. Can anybody give me some advice on how best to form the radius on the uprights whilst ensuring that the uprights remains upright. I believe that from the state of the ones i have already someone has had a bit of a go with them and they are very distorted.

Not a body man unfortuneatly so need a bit of guidance on this one. I am off to the show the weekend so hoping to pick up a new pair their if i can, and then set about fitting the screen.

Get some Stainless steel ones from Laserman about £35

Bend the fold at the top of the triangle in a vice with soft jaws, then bend the triangle to fit the hood using a tyre as a former on the inside and a piece of wood padded on the outside.

Just done one

If you hit it with a hammer you will leave bruises, not good on SS

I :wub: my :rhsc: