Super Spec 2l 05

will

This is like having my right arm ripped off but with number 3 child due in 8 weeks I'm going to have to put my other baby up for grabs.

I keep toying with the idea of declaring it sorn and letting it collect dust for many years, but as we are currently looking for a camper (with 5 seat belts!!) the money needs to go towards that.

It's a RH Super Spec 2L Rover. MOT until the end of July. 4300 miles on the clock. I use it most days to go to work but work is only 2 miles away, hence the low mileage.

It costs £180 a yr fully comp, 2000 miles a year for me a the wife. I'm 36.

Passed SVA first time in 2005.

Pics can be seen by visiting my build diary (click link below in signature)

I'm still refusing to put her on Ebay or Piston heads.

I'm not into haggling so I've reduced the price to what I would settle for as I appreciate it's a Kit.

I would obviously advertise the car for more elsewhere but would willing sell the car to a member of this forum for

£5,500 no offers

With regret and a tear in me eye.

Will

PM me for more info.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest rusty

Hi

Mark

Don't get excited I am not a customer just sorry to hear your having to part with your Superspec, I was hoping to sell mine this year but now have a problem with the gearbox not staying in 4th gear I did try to sell it late last year but had no luck just as well with it going wrong, it's a job to know what to do really be nice to be able to hang on as you say but unfortunately we have to move on.

good luck

Glyn

Don't dismiss Piston Heads

I sold my Superspec there sight unseen to a guy in Manchester.

He transferred the funds to bank, then organised the pick up as I had SORN the car after my knee made it impossible to get in / out

Its a great wrench to loose the car but just remember the good times Head Banging on garage wall. I remember you quoting that to me when I bought the kit and you suggested a cushion to make sure I did not hurt myself.

all the best

Tony.. :mellow: :mellow:

Hi Glyn, sorry to hear about your gear problems, were they easy enough to fix?

I know what you mean about not knowing what to do etc... I think that's why I've only advertised on here as I know that everyone already owns one!! LOL

Tony, I will definitely consider Piston Heads when it gets to the stage of having to. The wife, surprisingly, doesn't want me to sell her but we can't afford to keep three cars on the road and seems a shame to have her collecting dust in the garage.

All the best

Will

• 4 months later...

Car has now been declared SORN as we are now the proud owners of a VW T5 Camper.

She is MOT'd until August 2011 so if I win the lottery I may get her back on the road next year, although I suspect she may have to sit under her dust cover for a few years :(

The last six years have been great. I've really enjoyed being a member of this fantastic club, thanks for all your help and I hope to see some of you again once I can afford to have all my toys on the road (unless I sell her)

If you're out driving and a white T5 camper toots it's horn... give us a wave

Will