Just A Thought

Guest bryan_andrews

Guest bryan_andrews

How many of us use ebay? and how many of us are looking for the same type of things on ebay? and how many of us have bidded against each other without knowing it and pushed up the price we have ended up paying? :o bear with me....... :blink:

Maybe we could all put our ebay usernames in a folder on here so we know if we are bidding against a fellow hood owner, just an idea, feel free to shoot me down in flames if you wish!!

Guest Stuart Ainslie

Or just do as I do and use Powersnipe. (www.powersnipe.com)

Don't get involved in bidding wars that way and the price I bid is the maximum price I want to pay......

Sorry if it seems unfair to sum but hey, that's life......

Stuart

Eh? :huh:

I thought that was how e-bay worked anyway Stuart. I just put in what I'd like to pay, max, and if I'm unsuccessful then - tough on me! But Bryan's idea seems like a good one to me - except that I suppose it defeats the object of the seller getting the best possible price - but then something's only ever worth what someone's prepared to pay. Like the idea as a buyer though.

What's Powersnipe then?

P.S. I've never used ebay to sell so I'm no expert. :wacko:

Guest Stuart Ainslie

Using Powersnipe puts your maximum bid in at the last seconds of the auction, stopping you getting into a bidding war with other bidders.

If you put your maximum bid in earlier, people watching the auction will start bidding against you straight away causing the items price to increase artificially.

People can quite easily get carried away on eBay, they will often end up paying more for a second-hand item than they can buy it for new.....

S.

Guest Stuart Ainslie

Terry,

If two people are using similar sniping software, then the person who specifies the highest maximum bid should win.

There is (Or was) a free 30 day trail of the software on the website, Powersnipe

After the 30 days, you can pay a snmall fee to carry on using it or just re-register another account name and user id.....

Stuart.