Efi Engine

Guest andy25

Guest andy25

hi ive been ofeered a 2 liter efi pinto engine but want to no if i can take my carbs and manifold of my other engine and fit it to this one any ideas people

Thanks andy

Guest Leaner

Hi Andy yes you can fit them but you must use the carb inlet gasket . I would get it anyway it will be the 205 block which is better and pinto engines are becoming harder to find.

Bernie

Guest robinj66

No reason why not - the basic engine is the same (although cam profile may be slightly different)

If you are going to fit a manual fuel pump (carbs will run at much lower pressure than injection) then you will need the shaft that fits inside the block (it is usualy blanked off on the injection models).

Guest pwlcarz

Thought the mechanical fuel pump operated from a lobe on the auxilliary shaft, which should be present anyway as this provides the drive for the dizzy and fuel pump?

Or am I missing something?

Guest old_timbo

Andy, Definately yes as that is what I have done, and I used the carb gasket. The injection head enabled me to use unleaded and has better gas flow as standard than the carb heads. On the injection engine the mount for the carb fuel pump is blanked off with a plate and a couple of bolts, so the carb pump is an easy retro fit. The Pinto Injection engine has the 205 block and stronger rods so good for big bores and more revs. It's the most desireable Pinto. If you can get your hands on one, grab it.

Tim