Rear Arch Fun&games

Guest Mr Pid

Guest Mr Pid

Has anyone encountered the rear arches being rather alarming different sizes?

On my kit both rear arches are assembled and fitted but where the firbreglass mould meets the stainless; one has a much smaller radius than the other, so therefore does not complete the full semi circle and leaves a gap of about an inch or two where the join is supposed to be smooth.

I doubt Mr SVA man will be that chuffed by this, the stoneguard covers it a little bu still looks a bit poo.

Has anyone else encountered this? :huh:

Guest SteveL
Has anyone encountered the rear arches being rather alarming different sizes?

On my kit both rear arches are assembled and fitted but where the firbreglass mould meets the stainless; one has a much smaller radius than the other, so therefore does not complete the full semi circle and leaves a gap of about an inch or two where the join is supposed to be smooth.

I doubt Mr SVA man will be that chuffed by this, the stoneguard covers it a little bu still looks a bit poo.

Has anyone else encountered this?  :huh:

Hiya

Yup, it's the same with all of them as far as I know. I used the smaller one on the drivers side, and sloped the bend at the bottom of the stainless wheel arch so that no stainless was left unsupported. This is close to the exhaust, so is less noticeable. Rumour is it that this was done because of the exhaust, bit no-one really knows...

Steve