Bonnet Scoop

Guest scrabster

Guest Spencer Griffiths

Here is the e-mail I got back from Peter at Camcaot:

Cost to coat your Pinto 4:1 manifold with base ceramic plus polished Cermakrome is £140 + VAT. Return carriage is £15 + VAT

On manifolds we do recommend having the inside fully coated with our smooth hard black ceramic coating (TLHB) for extra thermal insulation which also helps to preserve the shine on the Cermakrome. This would add £40 + VAT.

Allow 2 weeks turnaround.

Best regards

Peter Carter

Camcoat Performance Coatings

Tel: 01925-445003

www.camcoat.com

Guest Tim Norman

Its probably been said before about ramming cool air in but if air cant get out at least as easy as it got it then you are wasting your time. Mine has a scoop that has more holes at the back than it does at the front.

The car now runs at 80 degrees rising to 90-95 ish when in traffic!

• 1 year later...
Guest Hammy360

Jess,

Are you still running this scoop as I have the same one that I am about tofit. Have you added any other further vents to the bonnet/engine bay?

Guest scrabster

hi hammy, yes ive still got the scoop fitted or there would be a square hole in the bonnet. if i remember,i trimmed the scoop down a bit so as to use the 4 bolts around the square hole not the rear ones. i already had s/s vents in the side panels and added another in the bonnet behind the manifold hole. i was never happy with the rad sitting near flat with ducting air trying to flow through it so i got another slightly smaller but thicker one,and touch wood its been ok ever since.hth.

regards,jess.

Hi Jess,

Assuming the scoop is plastic (abs) how did you paint it, what primer, what colour yellow is it. I have a black scoop that i want to fit at a later date but dubious about the finish.

Any help appreciated.

Guest scrabster

hi mark, it is painted with 2k and had 3 coats so i could flat it with wet & dry and polished to a reasonable finish.i think the colour is golden yellow but its not an exact match,i prefer this shade to the gel coat ,was thinking about painting all the fibreglass as a winter mod,the shape of the nosecone on mine is like its made of wax and been in the sun for months.hth.

jess.

Guest Hammy360

hi hammy, yes ive still got the scoop fitted or there would be a square hole in the bonnet. if i remember,i trimmed the scoop down a bit so as to use the 4 bolts around the square hole not the rear ones. i already had s/s vents in the side panels and added another in the bonnet behind the manifold hole. i was never happy with the rad sitting near flat with ducting air trying to flow through it so i got another slightly smaller but thicker one,and touch wood its been ok ever since.hth.

regards,jess.

Thanks Jess, I'll let you know how I get on as I am removing the scoop I have on and have the same one as yours to fit