Screws Or Rivets

barney7

:help: new to this just picked up my part built 2b and noticed all the panals, ie floor and round bonnet are secured by screws, i was reading someone elses story of there build and they changed all scews for rivets,is this a must?,i can understand the benifits but just wounderd on needs, thanks

The floor and any structural panels would be better welded or riveted , would not like the idea of sitting on a sheet at 100mph held on by some self tappers.

Floor should be drilled with the correct rivet drill for the rivet size and bonded on using a polyurethane adhesive.

Other panels can be left removable for access

Edited by Snapperpaul

Guest garyfelton

I would recommend using 4.8mm stainless steel rivets for the floor and side panels and 3.2mm stainless rivets for all other panels if you've got a stainless 2B kit. IMHO HTH

Gary

I would recommend using 4.8mm stainless steel rivets for the floor and side panels and 3.2mm stainless rivets for all other panels if you've got a stainless 2B kit. IMHO HTH

Gary

thanks for the replies, i do have stainless panals, what do u mean IMHO HTH?, Thanks again