Oil Change

Guest bmurphy

Guest bmurphy

Hi,

I'm looking for some feedback from all the hoodies on what is a massive business in the US but cannot seem to find any trace of in the UK. Obviously the majority of people on this forum are used to changing their own oil but have you ever come across a drive through service in the UK for getting a rapid oil change? The sort of place you can drive into without appointment and get your oil and filter changed while you remain in the car.

If you have then where was it, how much did it cost and would you do it again?

If you haven't is it something you think people would be interested in?

Thanks very much in advance for you thoughts

Bernie

Guest The Modfather

First I've heard of these.

Not sure I'd be happy in case they fit the wrong filter, not enough oil, wrong grade etc.....

Not something I would do, but for those that haven't got the knowledge/time etc then perhaps they would benefit from it.

yes i think it has some mileage in that idea. don't the likes of kwikfit etc do it, if not i am surprised.

i have spent many years in the fast fit game and its all about add ons unfortunately.

i use my mates sump sucker and makes changing the oil a pleasure compared with the normal way.

Guest robinj66

I'm pretty sure that Halfords used to offer that service but it was quite a few years ago - they had serving departments attached to their shops offering anything from a service to an oil change.

I would guess it wasn't economically viable as it doesn't seem to exist any more

Guest scrabster

hi, theres one of those type places just down the road from me,next to b&q j9 m6.last time i looked i think it was £79 for what they called a service which is just an oil and filter change,on any car no need to book.it opened a couple of months before christmas and they had a lambo type car and a road legal 4x4 buggy as adverts and a price of £49.

jess.