Hood?

Robbie 2B

Guest Roger 2B

You don't have details in your profile, where are you? If you are local it would be easier to bring a car round with a hood fitted than try to explain in a posting.

The poppers that go on the hood are supposed to be riveted with a special tool but I used a block of wood and a hammer it worked well, use a pozi screwdriver to flare the bit you press with your thumb then use a large bolt to flatten it down onto the bit with the spring clip in it.

When fitting the popper that rivets to the car, I used an M4 nut between the rivet gun and the rivet, this allowed the end of the gun to extend into the popper and sit flat onto the rivet.

Use lots of packing tape to hold the screen in place, you may have to move it around to get the best position so don't drill holes in the bonnet too soon.

If you lift the bonnet a small amount you can fit the hood nice and tight and when you close the bonnet it will make it even tighter, do this with caution as you don't want it too tight!

I didn't use the supplied hood brackets as I didn't think they fitted into the hood curves very well so I made my own, mind you everyone else has used them so I suspect it's just me.

Use lots of packing tape to hold everything in place before your start riveting and bolting, fit the doors so you can get the correct shape of the hood (like I didn't now my doors don't fit.

I fitted a small strip of seat belt to the doors and used a popper on the inside so I can pull the doors closed and fasten them shut at the bottom.

As said above, look at lots of pictures of hoods fitted, it's easy to make a crap job and end up having to do it again (as I have :gdit: )

Remember that the spare wheel will go on the back, make sure you can still get the hood off without having to remove the wheel.

Packing tape is really hard to get off if you leave it on for too long, don't leave it on overnight.

Put a heater in the car to warm the hood up, it makes it more supple and stretchy.

Guest Fred2b

Here is a tip I picked up at the Stafford show from a few of the guys.

Buy four of those twist and turn type hood fixings and fit them to :-

The first fixing at the front of the mudguard near your shoulder (ish)

And the outer most fixings on the windscreen.

All done post SVA of course and stops the hood flying off into the blue yonder.

Fred :p