Fuel Filler

Stewart

Does anybody Know if its possible to hire the 50mm hole punch required to put hole in rear panel for the fuel filler,required for stainless steel panel.

Edited by utuber

Guest sandy77uk

Does anybody Know if its possible to hire the 50mm hole punch required to put hole in rear panel for the fuel filler,

I just went and bought some hole saws, I needed smaller ones for the dash and the firewall so a worthwhile purchase

Guest mower man

Try your local hire shop they MAY hire you a 50 mm hole saw to buy one is expensive but it can come in for other job's 50 mm clocks in dash etc ,if you are really stuck pm your address and you can borrow mine for postage costs +replacement if you break it. :good: mower man [mick]

Guest sandy77uk

Try your local hire shop they MAY hire you a 50 mm hole saw to buy one is expensive but it can come in for other job's 50 mm clocks in dash etc ,if you are really stuck pm your address and you can borrow mine for postage costs +replacement if you break it. :good: mower man [mick]

define expensive?

Guest mower man

I meant expensive for 1 job, OK if you need to do other 50mm holes it gets relativly cheaper .Ihave 20 ,30 40 50 and 80 with 2 arbours total cost in the region of 50 quid and have used them not only on my car but in the day when I was employed and bought quality tools to make sure they lasted and were up to the job, the tools often seen on e bay are usualy cheap chinese crap and probably not tacle a s/s tank hope this answers you comment ----mower man :good: [mick]

Guest jwts

Does anybody Know if its possible to hire the 50mm hole punch required to put hole in rear panel for the fuel filler,required for stainless steel panel.

Hi,

I would recommend you get a power nibbler tool. With one of these you can cut circles, squares or whatever, any size you want. I personally like the Turner Nibbler

http://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/product/details/sheet-metal-cutternibbler/path/metal-cutters-shears-folders-formers

Combined with an 18v cordless drill this tool can chomp through 0.8mm stainless no problem.

I'm only using the MachineMart link as an example but that 'reduced' price is not too bad. There is a company on eBay askng twice as much!

There is a used one on eBay as well but I have no idea as to the condition:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/nibbler-/250814804922?pt=UK_BOI_Metalworking_Milling_Welding_Metalworking_Supplies_ET&hash=item3a65ba33ba

You could cut a 50mm hole with a hand nibbler, it would just take longer.

John (jwts).