Hood For Robin Hood S7

Guest Brynjon

Guest Brynjon

I am about to purchase a ready built (second hand) S7. Car is pretty bog standard with the sierra 1.6 engine and original carb etc.

Living in the frozen north of Sunderland, I was wondering whether the hoods are 1/ readily available (couldn't see them on RHE site). 2/ Easily enough to fit (even for an office bod like me) 3/ Pricey or cheap.

While I am on - the car is fitted with steel wheels and although I have not seen the sizes wondered whether alloys were readily available for my new motor when I get it next week.

Thanks for going to the trouble of getting this far in this post.

Bryn

Guest chris

Have a look at Tomos 2b in the members carz section on the old RHOCar site.In the post SVA section he describes how to fix the hood and side screens and includes some photos

as well.I bought a hood set from RHE the other week for 340 pounds inc vat.It includes all the bits you will need and some basic instructions,Iwould advise you to buy a proper tool to fix the dot fasteners together(ships chandler,good camping shop or buy at a show)this will stop them coming apart.

hope this helps

chris

post-10-1050267238.jpg

Guest Brynjon

Cheers Chris - after my initial posting I found some more bumph on hoods in a different topic heading.

I am hoping it will be a winter project!! Some hope!!

Bryn