Stone Guards

Guest bloke

Guest bloke

am looking at the os rear arch thats temp fitted on me car

i have a self tapper near the front leadin edge of the wing that would be underneath the stone guard if it was fitted but,

if i take the self tapper out the wing construcion will unwind and fall apart?

does the stone guard fit to the bottom of the leadin edge of the stainless wing pannel? as the grp bit is about 4 ins short of that!?

you can see the area just level with exhaust hole :o

any help will be appreciated.....

post-5-1083168571.jpg

Guest Fred2b

Bloke

You have to get a nice tight fit on the stainless, put self tappers in each end, tape it up and fill the gap on the inside with silicone sealer or seam sealer. It's on the video. The stone guard on mine is level with the bottom of the side panel and covers up the shortfall of the glass fibre bit and the self tappers.

I also failed SVA on the tiny edge where the stainless and glass fibre bit meet. I covered it with silicone temporarily but it's a bitch to get off so it's staying put.

Fred :p

Guest kevin

Hi Bloke

I cut the extra steel off on an angle from the fibreglass down to the bottom of the side panel with 1" left, on to fold under.

Then I cut the stone guard to fit.

Kevin

No i personally changed them out to s's rivits so the stone gard is flush on the wing with beading around the out side.

PS i didn't use the tad pole beading (that is supplied) around the edge of the top sides and bottom of the stone gard because it leaves a rubbish finish around the bottom of the stone guard. So i used some normal small circular beading i will post pics 2morrow.

hope this helps ;)