Wiper Motor Fitting

Guest GrantB

Guest GrantB

:( Recently removed nearside windscreen support post (with a view to braising up a couple of holes and having it chromed), heard a 'clunk' and found wiper motor dangling by it's drive. It was attached on inside of support post via some strange handmade bracket, but having tried all variations of re-fitting (ie: one) the motor's just hanging by one bolt, resulting in it moving more than the wipers do. I'm assuming it's a Sierra unit, but don't know. The bonnet is an 'alligator' style (whole front of car hinges upwards) so the motor's got to come with it and can't be attached to chassis tubing. Is there a fitting kit available to buy?

Any ideas for fitting motor most gratefully received.

Guest TerryBarry

Grant,

Here is a picture of a Mini type system.

The motor must be well fixed and the wheelboxes clamped to the rack tube, otherwise the motor moves about at the expense of the wipers.

I don't have the alligator bonnet so cannot show mounting system.

HTH

Guest Pacman

Hi

Just fitted a mini motor to an alligator type bonnet if you go on to the SVA reports and look under wiper washer HELP (pacman) you will see afew photos sent to help me. All I had to do was fit the motor to the windscreen side bolts the worm and arm brackets holds most of the weight so you only have to keep it in possition with the windscreen bolt.

Paul (pacman)

Guest GrantB

Yeah, I've had a look at your pictures Pacman, it's helped with lifting the mental fog. I don't think mine's a mini motor, unless it's an older one, but it looks a similar size. I'll have a play next weekend (with the car). You're all good people. Thanks. ;)