Happy Birthday To My Car

Guest Andy Rathbone

Guest Andy Rathbone

today may 20th is exactly 4 years since i went and picked up my pile of bits that are now nearly a completed 2b, i keep looking at it thinking soooon soooon just need to finish the trim and the twidley bits for sva, like front indicators and a boot lid, sva yet to be booked but the application is filled in.

good things come to those who wait :D :D :D

Guest Captain Daz

Blimey Andy,

I thought I was the only one taking a long time to build my 2B!! I beat you by a few weeks. I picked mine up 4th March, 2000.

I'm wireing at the moment then it's trim time.

All the best witht the build. See who gets there first! I'm guessing you will.

Cheers

Daren

PS Happy Birthday.......erm.....car!

Guest Battery Bill

Well done all of you its nice to hear from people who do not think its a race to build the car, and if you take over the year your a failure :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Not mentioning any names though :lol: :lol:

Well as far as 2B's go I've got you all beat - mine's out of the first batch August 99. Is that something to be proud of or not? At least it means I got mine cheaper than the rest of you. Anyone else who was there that day who still isn't on the road?

Iain

Guest Andy Rathbone

Daren, i susspect i will get there before you, BUT you never know. No point rushing. :D

Terry, two years well youve go to start some where :D :D

like i said a couple of lines up no point rushing, and everything you do brings the driving pleasure a step closer.

Everybody,

Keep on building, there are already enough unfinished projects in the world.

progress report: i was marking indicator and repeater positions last night.

Guest Captain Daz

Iain

Hey that's cheating. You're supposed to drool endlessly until your very own creation is finished!

I am just jealous of course.

Cheers

Daren

You'd be twice as jealous if I told you what I paid for the S7. It wasn't a drive home vehicle as a result but it didn't take too long to get it through an MOT. It's a fairly basic motor and there are several jobs I'd do to make it nicer and personalise it if I was going to keep it but that would just take time away from finishing the 2B.

Iain