First Drive

Guest kevin

Guest kevin

Having got the engine running and the clutch cable fitted, I could not resist

having my first drive in my 2B. I started the engine, put her into first and slowly lifted the clutch. Yes she was moving under her own power.

18 inches later I had reached the work bench at the end of the garage and stopped.

Not a long way I know but it has taken a year to get that far and I feel great.

Kevin Howard

what a feeling - I had my maiden voyage last week, 20 feet up the drive then a full afternoon of fettle, tweek, polish, rub then 20 feet in reverse back into the garage.

had a stupid grin on my face all the time and loads of comments from neighbours and passers by.

the robin hood exhaust noise works a treat for waking up hung over student layabouts - next doors lad was not pleased - tee hee!!! :lol: :lol:

Guest jawald

Its guys like you that make it poss for guys like me to experience a minute part of that grin factor - I bought mine already made - Believe me the grin is as wide - perhaps not so much pride in achievement -Well done. I'm getting closer to want to build one

Guest daveg

Jawald

I'm getting closer to want to build one
:huh: Did you read that correctly...he said 1 year to get 18" :(

I have been building 15 months and 0" :unsure:

You must have loads of spare time to do a complete build :boohoo:

Dave

PS if you do build...the battery goes in the front :D :lol: :p

Guest timswait

My first drive was a fairly eventful 10 foot. I had just got the engine running but hadn't got round to fitting the cooling system, but thought I'd drive it back into the garage anyway. I didn't want to run the engine long so I started it in gear with the clutch in. It was then that I found that clutches can seize if left lying around on the garage floor too long as it leapt forward as I turned the key. Not only did it leap forward, but the engine actually fired right up, and despite furiously pumping the clutch it wouldn't stop. Obviously I went to the brake pedal, but that went to floor as there was nothing connected to it! Next I reached for the handbrake, but then remembered I hadn't got round to fitting that either! I just managed to fumble the ignition off and it stopped about 3 inches short of demolishing the workbench at the end of the garage!

Guest Battery Bill

Look here to see Joeys first drive of his car :o Not bad for a 13 year old. :D :D

PS if you do build...the battery goes in the front

If your a sheep yes :lol: :lol:

But then if you have any pioneering spirit in you you will do it your own way not the way Dave "Blinkin" Q tells you :lol: :lol: :p :p