Indicators Vicki Green Loom

Guest kwakatim

Guest kwakatim

Hi sorry to ask about indicators but I have read through the threads and cant find my problem I am in the process of taking on a part finished project and it would appear that I have a Vicki Green loom have the diagram etc. and have been testing various wires connected with the indicator wiring. The problem is the hazards work fine ignition on or off when the ignition is on the near side indicators work fine but I have nothing at the off side I cant tell form the diagram which wires serve which side I have changed the relay from the two pin that was fitted (not working) to a 3 pin one as I have 3 connections so this seemed sensible and is consitant with the diagram I have also tried another indicator stalk to see if it is the switch but no joy all the connections seem to be correct any ideas would be great as I want to get on with something else and make some progress but cant seem to establish what the problem is I also have no brake lights and no head light flash but the head and side lights are working they should.Thanks for reading

Hi,

I am also following a similar route to you, buying a part finished 2b project that came with all the electrics in a box with the VG loom & Sierra switches.

My electrics are almost finished now (just to sort the fog light to the new regs), but I have attached a copy of my indicator circuit.

The colours are from the Vicky Green loom and I am using the Sierra instruments, I hope this helps diagnose the problem.

On the Headlamp Flash, make sure you have put in the link wire from the left to right switch assemblies, connecting the terminal 56 on both units. If your headlights are working then you should have the 0V connected to the angled spade terminal 31 correctly.

As for the brake light you will probably need to check the 12V through the pedal (or hydraulic) switch back through to the brake lights, then check the ground from the light cluster.

Hope this helps

Paul

Indicator circuit.pdf

Guest kwakatim

Hi Paul thanks for the reply i was having another look tonight and have established that the green and black wire is live when the hazards are on but not when the indicator switch is switched to the rh indicator if i put a live on the the green and black wire the rh indicators come on with out flashing so still no further forward really using the same gear you are using sierra stalks without horn the horn is on the centre steering wheel although i am not thinking about that at the moment anyway i will have another look over the weekend i cant understand why i lose the live unless it is the switch but i have already swapped that out if you have any more ideas let me know its doing my nut cheers Tim

Guest kwakatim

Hi me again thinking about it if you could let me know what you come up with for the fog light as well that would be most helpful as I will have to resolve that as well thanks Tim

Hi Tim, If you follow the topic in electrics "New Iva Fog Light Requirements" there are a bunch of options people have come up with there for the fog lights.

Also I am sure Pete Mar will send you his circuit if you PM him. I will put any updates I get there too.

Hopefully the wiring diagram will allow you to check out the voltages at the different points with the switches in the different positions.

Have you got a Haynes manual for the Sierra as that will have the internal wiring connections within the stalks? I checked on Ebay and there's lots for sale for a few quid, definately a worthwhile purchase.

Good luck

Paul

• 3 weeks later...
Guest kwakatim

Hi just thought i would put up the indicator problem has been solved tonight i turned out to be that the stalk wiring the two black and white wires turned out to be crossed causin no power to the right hand indicators now sorted so on to the head light flash and now the head lights are not working but have sorted the brake lights so progress at last thanks to those who tried to help