Guest bonehead2412

Guest bonehead2412

hello everybody

has anybody done this

put a 1.6 head on a 2.1 pinto block {i work out the compesson was about 14.2:1}

can the head handle this amount!!!!

and what fuel would i use (avgas)

i am getting the block back from vulcan engineering in a few weeks

and i got a full race 1.6 head that has bin ported polised. or a stage 1 2.0 head

can anybody advise on which head will be best

Guest j0ngreen

Sorry,

Don't know the answer to your question, but about 15 years ago I put a 950cc Head on a 1100cc Fiesta block and I could spin the wheels in every gear. FAB! :lol:

That was until the head gasket blew. :angry:

Not a cheap exercise, as I was sure that it put pressure on the bottom end and after I swapped it for a 1100cc one, I threw a conrod through the block. :boohoo:

Regards

Jon

Guest Andy Rathbone

feel free to shot me down, but personally i would go for the 2l head as its closest to what its supposed to be. may not give you wheel spin in all 5 gears :huh: but it should last a bit longer ^_^ .

do you want to drive it? or spend every week trying to fix it?

:ph34r: i have an un modded 1600 Emax :ph34r:

WAIT FOR ME :D

Guest markh

i have done some autograss racing in the past and one of the cheaper things to do to your engine was to run 1600 heads on 2.0 and 2.1 never had any problems we ran with cams and twin 45`s so should be fine.

cheers

mark

14.2-1 is theoretically a bit high for reliability but as with all things there are people out here in the real world that have run stuff like this with no probs. Personally I would look at getting the chambers on the 1.6 head opened out to drop the compression ratio closer to 10-1 as this should be a reliable engine but still fairly powerful (potentially).

Iain

Guest markh

i sort of agree with that but one reason for running the 1600 head is the chamber shape if you open it up you would loose this but then again each to there own.we were only run on oval at short distance then a longer final so it worked for sprints.

mark

Guest bonehead2412

thanks for all the quick replys

well im going to try the 2.0 head first and see what happens if i need more power i will put the 1.6 head at a later time but im still open for advise

and if that have done this what sort for power would i be looking at for the 1.6 head on it

thanks

james (southend)

Guest paul thompson

Hi,

If you want to increase the ratio to 10.5:1 then take 0.060" off the head. I did this and it runs fine, Takes a lot out of the battery to get it going if been standing a while. I think you can take more off but there is a limit to how much as it brings the valves nearer the pistons and with a high lift cam or longer duration you will need to be carful with the clearances etc. Mine seems to be fine however. With fitting the 1.6, are the valves the same size or smaller? I did some porting work on mine, I can imagine you would need to do quite a bit to get the best benefit from a 1.6 head. It's not all about compression.