Castor, Camber And Toe-in.

Guest Paul S Usowicz

Guest Paul S Usowicz

Ha All,

Nearing the stage of getting the Sub-K driveable. Have fitted adjustable tie-bars. Now I need to set it all up. I need to setup the castor, camber and toe-in but am aware that adjusting one may affect another. Is there a specific order/method for doing this? Any suggested settings? Anyone got a Castor gauge they can lend me (I live in Droitwich Spa and work in Towcester)?

Cheers

Paul S Usowicz

I think the best advice you'll get will be somewhat vague. Lots of people have raised this issue before, and whilst some builders (such as myself) will put forward what they're using, no two people seem to agree on any particular set of numbers.

So ... if you're wanting to do a "basic setup" then got for zero to 1 degree toe in, zero camber (possible tip the tops in a bit if you wish), and as for caster well we seem to agree that it affects the self centering, but there's disagreement about what it should be. I have a 2B and the caster is only slightly adjustable. With this one I'd suck it and see - if it doesn't self centre then use trial and error until it does!

For an "expert" setup then take your car to a garage which is used to doing suspension set-up on track day cars. They should know what they're doing.

Ant