C20Xe Sump Leaking Oil Very Bad

Guest windscreen man

Guest windscreen man

After puting the c20xe in my car i started it and noticed it wsa pooring oil out quite bad, it was coming from the rubber gasket on the sump, there is no splits or creaces in the gasket . Any ideas what i can do to fix this

Cheers

Ah the good old leaking redtop sump gasket!

What sump do you have? Does it have good internal baffles and not just the windage plate?

Has the rear main bearing and oil seal been disturbed because the can leak if not seal properly on replacement.

If you have a baffled sump you can ditch the windage plate and just use one cork gasket and sealant such as Wynns black gasket maker on each face.

Sump bolt torque is very low and you really must thread lock the bolts to stop them working loose. You might have to use shorter bolts if you go down to one cork gasket.

Alternatively use the windage plate with a cork gasket and Wynns as above.

If using the Wynns allow 24 hrs for it to go off before refilling with oil.

All the above will apply whatever sump you have. Also check for sealing at the joint between the oil pump and block. Crank case pressure can be a problem on old XEs, check they are clear including the rubber elbow to the cam cover and the internal pathway in the cam cover unless you've done the SBD mod.