Choice Of Seats

Guest salty_monk

Guest salty_monk

Am looking to change the seats from what I have (look like standard Sierra ghia) to some buckets.

With adjusters & sub frame on the existing seats it means the top of the squab (uncompressed - ie. without my ass on it!) is more than 8" from the floor panel.

This means it's too high (I'm only 5'8") for me as the top of the screen gets in the way of my field of vision. To see sideways with sidescreens on I have to look over the top of them. Driving with the hood on is uncomfortable to say the least & borders on the impossible!

What do people use/recommend & how have you fitted them.. If possible I would like to keep some adjustment & also have to say that at the moment I have forced the Sierra seats forward as far as they will go & am still struggling a bit to get the clutch down (could do with an extra inch - ooer missus! :lol: )

(Car's a 2b before anyone accuses me of owning a SS :D - soory couldn't resist)

If anyone has anything of interest kicking around then please send me a pm.

Cheers,

Dan

Guest salty_monk

Have seen some pretty good deals from MWS, can anyone recommend them??

Also remember I have a Croc bonnet so the 11" wheel is pretty low..

Guest Andy Rathbone
(could do with an extra inch - ooer missus!  )

couldnt we all? :lol:

sorry cant help ive got the Rh recaros, they are a little tight (ooh err) but they fit.

i have the same setup as you (2b with croc)

Guest gordon_macnab

Operator error....................must try harder

heres a pic of them fitted, with the wings it also helps to stop the side screens flapping inwards too much

Gordon

post-10-1089987900.jpg

Guest Gizmo

The 2B's have the luxury of a slimmer tunnel and "normal" width seating area..... I have a Series IIIa so I have less space to play with. However, I have Intatrim Rangers and I am very pleased with them. Runners came from Europa (I think I own shares there now !).