Harrogate Showtime

Guest mickmellors

Guest mickmellors

Harrogate Show is just around the corner now – 14th - 15th August (plus Friday 13th for the Early Bird Camper/BBQers !!!! Club BBQ will be available for you to ‘cook what you bring’ just as soon as I can get it set up on Friday evening.

The Saturday (if I recall correctly) evening has traditionally seen a mad dash to the nearest pub for a rather excellent meal and a few sherberts !!! You may recall from my report in the ensuing Mag last year I was kindly offered a lift round to the pub (as my car was blocked in by tents and my caravan) but I ended up having to walk across ploughed fields and jump a stream because a certain person went off without me, mentioning no names eh, Mitch – OOPS SORRY - slip of the keyboard !!!!!!!

Details of how to get to the Showground are in the EVENTS section of these boards and include a link to Multimap which can be printed off as you require.

Some details that the Show Organisers, European Promotions (who also organise Detling and Exeter shows) have asked us to make our Members aware of –

Some flyers have gone out showing the 16th as a Show day also, sorry it is not.

Maximum Speed Limit – 15 MPH throughout the site, including the long sweeping entrance road please. You WILL be asked to leave the Show if found speeding,(and the Club may not be invited next year.) Driving around the showground other than to enter and leave is not permitted. Please respect the safety of others around.

Talking of the long sweeping road – BE WARNED – last year there was a BIG ridge all the way across the full width of the road about ½ way up the hill as the road straightens. It ripped the sump open on one car last year – a Fury I think.

Kit Car drivers are admitted FREE of charge but any passengers are respectfully reminded that they will have to pay the normal charge of £8 for adults and £2 children 12 and under. This is however a one off charge and covers you for the whole weekend with a wristband to get you in and out of the show – do NOT remove the wristband until you are on your way home, if the seal is broken it is no longer valid. If you are arriving on Saturday please apply for your wristbands from Suzy later in the day, NOT from the pay booths on arrival. Suzy, Cookies better half, is usually to be found in the ‘Office’.

This years stunt Show will be performed by ‘SEMTEX JAKE’ – OOOOOOOER !!!!

This show is well worth a visit. It is considerably smaller than the likes of Stoneleigh but offers quality and as far as RHOCaR is concerned it gives us yet another chance for friends to meet up and enjoy a super weekend together.

I am bringing Mary and the kids along and look forward to meeting some of your wives and kids too, especially the ones who you haven’t brought along before.