Oil Pressure Take Off

Guest Ant

I've been carrying round an un-connected oil pressure gauge on my 2B dash for over a year now so it's about time I connected it up. It's a Smiths gauge.

Does anyone know what thread sizes I need for the T piece going into the block? Any problems with clearance? I want to keep the oil pressure light too if possible.

Cheers

Ant

Guest gordon_macnab

Ant,

The oil pressure switch is 1/4" NPT so just get a 1/4" female tee and convert the gauge fitting to suit this as there's enough room to have both.

Gordon

Guest MJTyke

Im in the same boat but Ive seen advice from the locost forum suggesting fitting the two sensors on the t-piece could stress the t-piece over time causing it to fail, they suggest using a flexible extension pipe from the engine to the t-piece with the sensors and such mounted onto the chassis - bodywork - anyone know where I can get a flexible extension pipe ??

Guest paul mercer

I've done the same with 2 sensors in the same t piece. I'd never have thought it would stress it though. He didn't suggest selling you a flexible hose did he?

Paul

Guest Battery Bill
t-piece could stress the t-piece over time causing it to fail,

I doubt very much that the T Piece extension would ever get overstressed by a little oil pipe and a wire connector! :rolleyes:

By the way ours cost a full quid from Newark auto jumble :D :D

I followed the Locost route and took my pressure gauge sensor and warning light pressure switch to the B&Q plumbing section and tried various tee pieces until I found one that fitted, it cost buttons. P.S. In a previous life I was responcible for the computerised instrument safety systems on North Sea oil rigs and sea going cargo ships. I had access to almost unlimited engineeing resources in those days! How times change.