Brake Limiting Valve

Guest 2Bornot2B

Guest 2Bornot2B

my donor was an ABS model so i've bought a servo & rear brake limiting valve from a scappie. Which side of the valve goes to the master cyl & which side to the rears? I seem to remember a post about the best angle to mount it - but I coudnt find it

Guest Battery Bill

Larry

We have not bothered fitting ours :rolleyes: If it fails so be it its a simple enough job to plumb in afterwards if necessary. I think a lot pass without it fitted.

:D

Guest paul mercer

why not use the abs. I did, and although i hope never to have to use it, it's there just in case.

As another point, from some point (i think next year) all cars produced will have to have abs. Don't suppose it'll affect us guys too much unless we are going for a new reg.

Paul

The small end goes forwards. My 2B failed on too much braking effort on the rollers and he didn't take the inertia valve into account. I got a valve from a Rover Metro to solve the problem and it worked a treat. The Metro has a pair of said valves (so I got both) if you but a bleed nipple and leave the t-piece attached then it will fit in the space the inertia valve comes out of so I would fit one or the other as a first hit and it's then even easier to swap to the other one at a later date if you so desire. On a Rover Metro (and 100 I'd assume) the valves are fastened to the bulkhead on the opposite side to the servo (passenger side).

Iain

As said before the small end points to the front of the car and the whole lot sits at an angle from about 10deg to 45deg.

The rear output of the brake master cylinder goes into the fat end at the back of the valve, the output of the valve is the small end at the front so your brake pipe will go back passed the valve and off to the rear wheels via a T piece.

The two remaining outputs from the master cylinder go to the two front wheels.

I've seen lots of valves plumbed in the wrong way round! mind you, as said before, you probably don't need it anyway. As it's an inertia valve, it uses the stopping force of the car to work, if you are breaking on a slippery surface then you don't have the stopping force to make it work anyway.

Just leave it out :D