Windscreen

Guest Jay Paul

Guest Jay Paul

a bit of advice if poss guys and gals

its getting close to MOT time and (not been on road for 3 years) the screen is cracked and need to replace it i can get new glass no problem but its it a ball ache trying to replace into frame???

any tips or advice be fantastic

thanks in advance

Its very easy to remove the glass, but you will most likely need to remove the main side support brackets as well. Be careful when fitting the new glass, very easy to get things slightly out of square. I swapped the toughened glass for a laminated one on my 3A. The toughened one had been in the car at least 11 years with no problem. The laminated one cracked the first time out on the road after I had fitted it. When I looked I could see that the side of the frame was out of square with the bottom channel thus putting pressure across the bottom corner of the glass. I will need to replace for MOT in a couple of months. But do make sure you use laminated glass which does not shatter into millions of pieces. Mine cost £40 from a local glass supplier.

Guest Ian & Carole

a bit of advice if poss guys and gals

its getting close to MOT time and (not been on road for 3 years) the screen is cracked and need to replace it i can get new glass no problem but its it a ball ache trying to replace into frame???

any tips or advice be fantastic

thanks in advance

Drop the screen and wipers off for the MOT.