Jag V6 Fuel Rail And Injectors

Just before the Stoneleigh Kit Car Show I had an issue with fuel running down the rail and onto the manifold and eventually all of the garage floor.

It seemed the O-rings on the injectors failed and required replacing on the Jag V6 engine.

Quick tip,

• Don't get the O-ring multipack from Halfords (which I already had) as non of them fit.

• Don't go to Jag for the parts required, they want you to purchase the whole injector £80+VAT each (which meant 6x injectors, ouch - (O-rings come free with the purchase (sarcasm...))

I needed to replace the whole set (12x O-rings), which are different sizes/substance for the top and bottom of the injectors.

I eventually popped over to my local Ford parts dealer and a very friendly man helped source some O-rings which believe it or not, were from a Zetec engine and a lot cheaper.

Top were a different colour, same size, but this was down to the material they made from and according the Ford guy it just to stop fuel leaks and it worked.

Bottom were the standard black O-rings and were to stop oil leaks and these were from the Ford Ka engine....

Plopped them on the new injectors, put her back together, fired her up and tested OK:

IMG_8641_zps8faljrqm.jpg

IMG_8640_zpszfx8qjmd.jpg

IMG_8652_zpsth2hlkhh.jpg

IMG_8648_zpswvijx9ug.jpg

IMG_8655_zpsc036xoho.jpg

• Like 1