C'mon Ben And Dredd

Guest Friar Tuck

Here it is :

Fail :( but as expected. The good bit is the degree of failure :p

So here we go:

1) Rear fog lamp switch not radiused to 2.5. (bought this with two other switches which were radiused, didn't notice this one wasn't!)

2) Windscreen supports contactable not radiused (knew about this one as Friar had the same problem, however, I had put some 'tadpole' trim up the front, which was fine but the top and rear failed.)

3) Front suspension shock absorber nuts (the big ones at the bottom of the spring); front indiacator extension brackets (RHSC addition); Rear fog lamp bracket (RHSC supllied); Exhaust clamp bracket (needs to be turned downwards); silencer nuts (theses are the three on the front of the domed unit that forms the front of the cat and silencer cover) all contactable and require radius.

4) Wiring under bonnet needs securing (my fault)

5) wiring under rear wings needs securing (again my fault)

And stupidly, I forgot to top up the tank before attending the test (filled it night before and did 55 miles). So no brake test or weight test.

Apart from that, I've just returned from a 100 mile round trip, face is aching cos of the big grin on my chops all day. The SVA guy was really good and helpful. The car drives well, no need for a heater cos the amount of hot air entering the cockpit is amazing.

Good fun - can't wait to get it sorted and road legal.

Thanks Friar for your call at the weekend, Bugsy for your posts and Will for the coffee today! ;)

Wipers and washers passed. He couldn't reach the handbrake as he was vertically challenged! But was fine when I got into the car and fastened the harness but was able to reach OK.

He didn't comment on the tube for the resavoir, although he looked around it and tested the float. I'm hoping that the brake test doesn't mean a furhter inspection.

Forgot; speedo was reading way too low. Well it passed, just, but when it was registering 70 mph, it was actually doing 58mph! wont do much for my limited mileage policy!! :angry:

Congratulations Dredd,

Great Result, not much to sort there then, good news about the wipers (why does one person pass when others dont for exactly the same bit of kit???) :gdit:

What part of the repeaters need radiusing is it just where the screws go?

So there was no problem with the HBrake position?

Well done, wont be long before you are on the road. :) :rolleyes: B)

Bugsy

Bugsy

Must be a soft southerner thing! The whole u bracket extension is contactable (front aspect) either needs covering, perhaps a piece of SS folder over and riveted or some trim materila. The handbrake was fine when I demonstrated I could easily reach it (have been hanging from the door frame for last 6 weeks).

Guest Ben Salt

I failed too, but only on minor things:

A few nuts need replacing with nylocks

Fog lamp switch didnt light up when on

Sharp edges on coil overs at front

Front indicators not high enough

Mirrors

That was more or less it

Just got home having left at 5.30 this morning, so very tired

Driving a towed robin hood is bloody exhausting

Going to bed

Cheers people

P.S. Sorry I missed you Dredd, was wandering aroud Gillingham town centre at the time, got back to the test centre about 3ish to talk to a man in a failed Dax - not a good day for kit cars!!

Now just got to work out how to get it to gillingham again for the retest (parents are away for 2 weeks!)

Good result though. It seems Gillingham is a very fair place to go. They tell me that at least 7 Caterhams go through each week (Their factory is in Dartford), so I guess they know the type. A Belgium lefft hooker was going through a retest when I left!

Derek

You must have had Gary as your examiner!!!!!

He couldn't reach the handbrake as he was vertically challenged!

A decent bloke ,who is building a locost.

Good result though. It seems Gillingham is a very fair place to go

I told you so!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D

Well done anyway,you should'nt have to much trouble sorting your other issues

Then once its all legal,we shall have to arrange a meet with any other members

who wish, to have a blast out in the Surrey/Sussex countryside!!!!!!

Cheers Ian

Ian

Can't wait! Hopefully a couple of weeks should have me through and then registration. I guess the end of September is my target. Not too worried about crisp autumn mornings now having experienced the heat rush fron the engine :lol: :lol: