Axles And Rip-offs

ibrooks

Does anyone know where in the north-west I can get a live axle re-conditioned? It's for the Scimitar so it's a bit of an unusual lump (Salisbury but not fitted to any other car I know of). Unfortunately it's also one of these silly things where you have to distort the casing to get the crownwheel in and out (and I'm a coward). I've tried all the places I know locally and they don't know where to start anymore with something as pre-historic as this.

I'm about to start on the Land-Rover places as the Stage-One V8's and the military models got a Salisbury axle but I don't hold oout much hope.

Iain

According to Salisbury (in it's current form) the axle itself was a special for Reliant. The diff though was an off the shelf part.

I don't want to get one from a scrappy as I won't know if it's any better than the ones I have (one confirmed noisy and the one on the floor that's from a car with similar mileage so assumed similar condition).

I've found a place in Westhoughton who say they can check it over and re-build it if they can get the crownwheel/pinion pair but they recon they can tell if it's gonna need them by inspection so it's going there for an experiment.

Iain