Grp Rear Arches

Guest Petemate

Guest Petemate

Hi All

Decided to start on the rear wings today. With feverish excitement, tore off the bubblewrap I put on when I got the kit. :) Wait for it - both the arches are left-hand ones. :( Double checked, no mistake, the front ends are narrower, and both are the same length. :angry: Is there a 2B builder out there with two right hand ones in red? I see RH are advertising arches for £35, but I'll ring them tomorrow as they don't mention colour - maybe they are grey gel, which will give me an excuse to paint all my GRP. :D I can only assume that my kit (bought 2ndhand) was supplied with the GRP already cut, and a mixup occurred.

DOH! :ph34r:

Pete(Oldgit)

Pete, Whoa on there!! are they both the 'long' arches?, if so, shut up and get on with it. you've got the best deal then. There's buggerall difference with the fibreglass width, the difference is in the length, and no-one yet has found out why one is shorter than the other! (It's suposed to be to allow clearance for the exhaust, but you don't need it.) you actually have to cover up the missing bit of F/glass with the stoneguards.

Check out our guide to doing the side panels and arches, on the NW site, preparation of the metal bits that go into the rear arches is a MUST!

Guest Petemate

Hi Jim

Yes, I get your drift regarding the width, and it's nice not to have the shortfall in length. But when you look at the arches, they taper off on the side from rear to front. Having said that, of course no-one (not even Marty Feldman, if he was still alive) can look at both sides of a car at the same time. <_< So I'll see how they look. :)

Cheers for the input,

Pete(Oldgit)

In the Aug 2002 date kits which I have the GRP is the same length for both sides.

If I were you I'd ask for them to be swapped. Chances are that you'll get a matched pair of the newer ones like mine.

Ant

Guest Petemate

Hi Jim (And others!)

I spoke to Richard this morning, and I've reached the conclusion that I'll stick with what I've got. RS agreed that the visual difference is not noticeable, and as long as I fit the arches with even GRP each end there shouldn't be a problem. <_<

Cheerz all

Pete(Oldgit)