Side Panels

Guest grahamdale5

Guest grahamdale5

In the videos Richard starts to hammer the floor overhang around the chassis tube and then sort of gives up and never mentions it again. What have most people done, hammer it around the tube or as I plan to do, cut it off level with the outside of the tube?

I've studied the NW site, which is very good, but it doesn't mention the floor.

Guest TerryBarry
cut it off level with the outside of the tube?

That's what I did - projected a line onto the floor whilst secured to the chassis with a few self tappers. Removed and trimmed excess with nibbler (Monodex cutter)

I cut far more off the nearside than offside - well about 8mm max tapering to nothing.

Guest jetskijase

HI Grahem

I cut the middle portion that seemed to stck out further then planished it over upwards.

I was worried about it protruding but nothing did, at all. Once the panel was on it looks great.

Did it as per nw site.

Jase :D

Haven't read the NW site as I'd already done mine by the time jim wote it but. By the time I got to fitting the sides the floor had already been fastened in. I left the floor flat, removed the self tappers and slid the side between it and the chassis tube. I could then project the holes through the floor onto the side panel. I then removed the whole lot, drilled the sides and bent the floor round the chassis (should't make much difference whether it's cut off or not). The sides then went back on and all the holes lined up through both panels and into the chassis. Of course in my case it all had to come off again later for painting. This just seemed to be the way to do it with minimum gesswork when wielding the drill.

Iain

Guest grahamdale5

Build sequence?

I have left the outer panels to last. Don't want any dings in my nice stainless. If you follow the sequence on the videos, I should have fitted them a year ago.

All the oily bits done, shiny and furry bits to do.