Leaded Petrol Sites

Guest stu205

Guest stu205

its handy to look though cause one of them is 5 mins from my house, its a ye oldie garage workshop that has 2 pumps outside it i thought they were for show!! and im sure the guy pumps it for you too lol

oh and theres 9 sites in essex too ;)

Guest salty_monk

We worked it out on the Morris Minor forum that Castrol Valvemaster plus (with the octane booster) at £9.99 (or cheaper direct in bulk from castrol website) treating 250ltr is by far the cheapest option & certified by FBHV too....

That's an additional 4p per litre for those who can't be bothered to do the sums... in some garages that's cheaper than the difference between super & 95... (you can put these in an unleaded vehicle as an octane booster as long as you don't have a CAT..)

Guest Vic & Wendy

:D :rolleyes: Hi all, there's a rather natty device called a FUEL CAT octane booster, i came across it at the Stafford Show. There are various sizes for differant engine capacities ( upto 2LTR, 2500c.c 3000c.c etc) at the show these were on special offer £45 for 2ltr size, (normally £60). This device comes in 2 versions. One is added into your fuel tank or secondly, fitted into your fuel line. Then just fill with unleaded petrol.

You can find more info on the following websites. www.formulapower.co.uk and

www.formulapower.com

B.R :p :p B)

Guest racer

Hmmmmm..........I've always been wary of the claims that they make for these 'gizmos' Does it work? A certain classic car sales Co. advertises "all cars run on unleaded fuel" I think they are all fitted with a device like this . ROD

Guest Battery Bill

We always run ours on unleaded (Injection though) :D

I had an old "A" reg Cavalier SRI and that nearly went twice round the clock and all it got was unleaded :D

Guest stu205

THATS CHEATIN!! an I thought chavaliers ran on Stella or anythin with a RON or 4.9% ;)

think ill have my 2ltr converted just to be on the safe side it will be in bits in a week anyway and i know a man who can!!

Guest Dunebug

Take yourselves along to the nearest airfield and ask for a few gallons of AVGAS 100LL. The 100 means 100RON and LL means low-lead (still loads more than 4 star had). Until recently AVGAS was not much more expensive than super unleaded but there seems to have been a price hike (here at Prestwick anyway).

Dunebug.

Guest salty_monk

The additives do work..... Some engines if driven easily & having had 15 odd years of lead built up in them lasted for ages on unleaded....

The put this in your tank & it'll last forever capsules have been tested by the nice FBHV people same as the additives, they have actually been shown to be as much use a peeing in the tank.. actually worse than that cause they could actually block the tank or the line...

Funnily enough LRP came out almost as bad!!

Guest stu205

http://www.hamiltonclassic.co.uk/ProductIn...ion/FuelCat.htm

just been speaking to these guys about the fuel cat and they say as long as you fill with super unleaded (who wouldnt!!) this is far better than addatives bit on the pricey side though but saves worrying about where you fillup!

*edit*

cheaper here

http://www.fuelcat.co.uk/prices.html

*edit*

or here!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=7967916780