Bugger!

Guest stu205

Guest stu205

lovely weekend wasnt it!! clear blue skies so thought take the hood out for a blast, after battling through traffic jams by nipping through the back roads of cheshire all was going well until................ my bloody drivers side cycle wing flew off!!!! :gdit: :gdit: :gdit: :gdit: :boohoo:

luckly it missed 5 moving cars and someone even stopped the traffic and picked it up for me :) whilst I was jamming it in reverse whilst my side was clear

the top pipe had snapped clean through and the only dammage is a bit of scratching and I now have 2x 5mm holes insted of 2 mm holes where it bolts to the lower pipe :rolleyes:

I have allways thought my wings needed changing as they were too far round the back of the wheel now it gives me reason before the cheshire show so has anyone any pics of there 3a brackets as I dont have a build video for it

ta

Guest Andy Rathbone

your not alone, some of you may have seen me at the show removing my front passenger wing, to stop it waving at people. when at home i stripped it and check the bracket, if i had left the wing on it would not have made it home, welder out, stiffening webbs on the way

Guest SMR610

I would also be interested in a pic or 2 of

a 3a cycle wing bracket as I`m soon to be

converting from clam shells.

Also if anyone else has done this a couple

of pics of what you did with your side

panels after removing the clam shells

would be nice.

Ta very much.

Allan

Guest stu205

Allan the previous owner of my 3A used small grommets to cover the holes on the side pannels when he changed the bonnet clamps and they look allright ish but im thinking of using the flat headed bolts that secure the nose cone in place then at least there silver instead of black

Guest SMR610

Cheers for the offer Andy,

Not sure if your cycle wing brackets would

be the same, mines a 3a and has inboard

shocks.

Maybe someone else on here knows the

difference.

Allan