Dash Lower Edge

Got to that stage 2 days ago, just couldn't see through a problem, so distracted myself by fiddling with the detachable dash/scuttle and after badly bending back the inner sides thought about how to cover it in an SVA compliant manner. In the workshop i have about 20 bits of 2.5 meter x 20mm white plastic electrical trunking.

I cut it to rough lengths to fit the 5 runs to cover, split it down the middle and trimmed to fit. It's neat, covers the sharp bits front and back and once glued filled and covered should look neat. Now here's the clever bit the dash is not straight and the pipe is, so gently does it with an electric paint stripper gun and with gloves on, bend gently and re-fit. keep going until a progressive curve is formed.

Guest Giggling_Buffoon

Chaps,

The bottom edge of the dash on passenger side was one bit I failed on - it needs to be radiused to 19mm or be padded and comply with the 5 mm radius.... I had to take the dash panels that my mother in law made off and add some extra foam padding to the bottom edge which was loadsa fun.

I'm assuming 20 mm is the pipe dia - so you'll probably need to pad it a bit (unless the SVA man decdes its OK)...

Pictures to follow. Padding how much do i need. will the thin stuff RHE provide do or shall i fit some thin pipe lagging. What has the SVA man said in the past? I would hate to trim the dash and find that i had to take it apart again.