Super-spec Help Needed

e666

Hi Guys

after coming up with a few ideas over the weekend...none seemed to bright btw :wacko: .... I need some help with how best to fit the wiper motor assembly and the heaters in the superspec. If anyone who already has managed to fit these could give me some pointers, I'd be very grateful, any pictures too would be great....

thanks

e

Guest bugsy

Hi,

I used the Super strong sticky stuff to stick some home made brackets on the underside of the scuttle, i didnt want to drill the scuttle as with most things i have done on my car it has been re-done about 4 times, sorry i dont have any pics at the moment.

Hope this helps!

Bugsy

Guest Dredd

I glued mine as Bugsy described, but it all fell off after a few wipes. I have drilled the Scuttle and fixed the brackets with domed headed set screws using penny washers to spread the load underneath. The heaters I just screwed in from the top into the plastic casing and they are still there 3500 miles later!!

post-5-1120508851.jpg

Guest superspec

Re the wiper motor, I made up some brackets one of which is pop riveted to the rear of the scuttle, the other 2 fixed to the top of the scuttle also with rivets which are hidden by the screen rubber. As far as the blowers I used the heavy bonding black gunge which seem to stick like sh** to a Blanket

Sorry but too late to get pics.

Thanks guys - Much appreciated !!!! :D

On the windscreen fitting.... are there any measurements for positioning it? I havent found anything in the vids (but I could have missed it) :rolleyes:

ta v muchly

e

• 2 weeks later...
Guest rusty
B) I fitted my windscreen 20mm in front of the demisters and the measurement from the top front of screen to the middle top of roll bar is 1050mm the hood has fitted ok using these measurements, I also glued my demisters and made up brackets the wiper motor I made up brackets two of which are pop rivited just behind the base of the wiper arms and the other one on the dash panel which has now been covered, :wacko: