Grommet (no, Not Wallace's!)

Guest Phil Slater

Guest Phil Slater

Hi folks

Just a quickie really. Has anyone come across a good mail-order supplier of various sizes of grommets and blanking plugs etc.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Phil Slater

Guest Angel Boy

If you are really desperate and need a couple really urgently and you don't want anything exotic, Halfords (ducks behind wall............................pops head up to see if coast is clear) do a small range. Like I said if you are really desperate!!

Andy

Guest Phil Slater

Halfords!!!

You can afford to use Halfords??

I didn't think really wealthy folk, (like you must be), would be building a Robin Hood!!! A posh Cobra maybe.

But, thanks M'lord (tugging my fore......................wait for it......................... lock) for the suggestion.

But no, I am not really desperate just looking to the future, hopefully not to distant, and I'm going to need some. So I'll try some other options first.

All the best

Phil Slater.

PS

Tell you a secret......... I was in a very extravagent mood a few months back and in a fit of weakness, I actually bought a car freshner gizmo from Halfords. Crazy I know...but it's still stinking my car out!!!!

Guest Angel Boy

:lol:

I did say if you are desperate!! :p

I often pop in (just to window shop) and have got chatting to a few of the guys in our local store. A few of them are car enthusiasts (Max Power boys) and know I have built a hood. I have full respect from them now. :D They have been a useful resource of info in the past for sourcing obscure bits. They are selling off loads of old stock at the minute (as mentioned previously) I got a new temperature sender (black colour) for £2.50 normally £7.99 yesterday.

Might be worth popping in and asking ???

Andy

Guest Battery Bill

We got a box of grommets at B & Q. £3 ish for 100.

I bet we won't use that many though.

Its also a handy place for Box section, angled steel and Ally. A bit more expensive than the proper metal factors but longer opening hours.

Guest Fred2b

You won't need many grommets or plugs on a 2B. I found Maplin sell small bags of 10 for £1.35 or so. They are also good for heat shrink for wiring etc.

Fred

Guest Andy Rathbone

yes i found my local maplins good for plastic "P" clips to, i used them to hold my brake lines and fuel and loom in, they where about £3 for 100. dont know about sva thou, soon with any luck.

Guest Phil Slater

Fellers

Many thanks for the suggestions - even the one for Halfords!!!

Sorry I haven't responded before now. My internet connection went down on Friday night and has needed a full format and reinstallation of software to get it back.

Bugger...so much time in the garage lost!!

Phil slater