Panel Identification

eddieH

Hi,

Could anyone please tell me what this panel is for. It's stainless steel and part of the 2B/4 kit. It doesn't look like it would fit anywhere obvious without major modifications but it seems too precisely cut to be a scrap offcut piece. I can't find any mention of it in the videos either. Thanks very much,

Eddie

post-5-1122406199.jpg

Yep, pondered on this one myself for a while. You are correct in that there is no mention of the panel in the videos.

I believe you are looking at the RH definition of a boot lid. :lol:

Ps I'd go for smaller pictures, higher definition

Hi Enforcer,

thanks for that - I was just wondering what to make the boot lid out of anyway! I hadn't intended the picture to be quite that huge - I think some time in the test forum might be required! Thanks again,

Eddie

Guest Phil Slater

Yep I think it's the boot lid. I also think the cut outs etc are for folding the edges over to stiffen it up. but I'm ready to be corrected on that :p

Phil Slater

Its definatly the boot lid. I got three with my second kit and none with my first.

When I went to fit one of the spares to the first kit I found it was too small, due to the cut off corners. So I had to use part of the stainless pannel I bought at the same time. Oh, well at leaset I have 3 boot lids to cut smaller pannels out of.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Battery Bill

Tim

Oh, well at leaset I have 3 boot lids to cut smaller pannels out of.

We had the same when we buggered up our first sidepanel :rolleyes: Lots of spare Stainless :lol: :lol: