Insurance talk

Guest cjbailey

Guest cjbailey
I'm a student and once i've finished my 2B plan to get rid of my nice cosy Fiat Punto and only have the 2b!! (At 18 I cant afford to run and insure both).

What engine you putting in your 2b? Have you found any insurance companies that will give you a half decent quote?

Guest Ben Salt

Hi

I'm putting in a 1.6 engine, and before I ordered the kit phoned around a few insurance companies. Most wouldn't give me a quote, but the best I got was I think from Adrian Flux. It wasn't cheap (about £900 for 3rd party fire & theft), but was cheaper than any of the quotes I had for my 1.2L Fiat Punto with me as the main driver.

Hope this helps

Ben

Guest cjbailey

I will be getting some quotes soon, I am currently 18 (almost 19) and should be 20 or 21 when the kit is finished. I am bunging a 2.0 in the kit anyhow. At the moment I am paying £960 fully comp on my 1.8 laguna, but the company I am with won't quote me on a kit until I have a few years no claims. Hopefully by the time the kit is on the road I will have these tho (touch wood!).

Guest mickmellors

To revert to thread !

Or is this the side shoot ?

HELP I'm LOST !

Chris and Ben - and any others interested in insurance cost reduction - try ROADSURE - I was stunned at how cheap my quote was £118 fully comp 3000 miles and RAC thrown in too including 30 days European cover !

Hope you get a pleasant surprise too - report back here

Cheers

Mick

Guest cjbailey

The site confuses me, I cannot see it all due to internet restrictions at work (have to look at home!). They seem to say in some places that you have to have had a full license for 3 years and in other places that you have to be over 25! I will e-mail them and find out if they are able to do anything, but I don't think many companies like 18 year olds (although I will only need insurance from being 20 or 21).

We are currently able to quote for drivers age 25-65, with a full UK licence over 12 months

Guest stevey

Best I have found is Graham Sykes (in the latest club magazine)got me insured for £95 a year fully comp restricted to 3000 miles per year. I am officially an old fart (50 :D ) but they may be worth a shout.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest boggie

I pay around £100, fully comp at Adrian flux. The top two are Adrian Flux and Graham Sykes, if you joinn the club you will also get discount.

Guest brummy-ade

Have just had a quote back from roadsure of £148 inc rac and that is based on leaving the car on my drive. Wow thats one less argument the wife cant use!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

I am 29 and boy I dont miss those high premiums I used to pay 1000 per year when I was 21 on a calibra!