Night Driving, Get Out There

steve in stockport

hi all

well as i'm working all weekend and there's naff all on tv on a friday night, decided to get wrapped up get the hood out and have a couple of hours gratuitous petrol wasting.

absolutely brilliant, major roads, minor roads and finished off with a tour round manchester airport with youngest son, the noise going through the underpass at international arrivals was pretty impressive!

anyway as the title says turn your tv off and get out there

steve

Tunnels, underpasses, I just love them, in fact I dip the clutch and blip the throttle to get maximum effect, don't you just love it. Night drivings fun, yes Rizla the car does sound better at night.

Guest Battery Bill

One of our most memorable drives so far was driving home after John Waltons wedding bash, Dark, not much traffic, us in short sleeves and only got a bit chilly when we got close to home near Midnight :D :D

Guest docter fox

I need a nearby tunnel ;) car goes great at night :D

When I was ill a few weeks ago and couldn't sleep, I used to go for a few random thrashes in the clio as i thought the hood was a bit noisy for 4 in the morning, I stopped to see the sun rising before i came back, made me feel a bit better too :D

Guest Busa Rush

well lads i have to agree night driving is the best.. (and prob the safest)...

also if you have a turbo car even better...the colder.. cooler the intake charge the better...and in the winter mornings..damp cool air makes your chariot go better still :D

for those of you who know the road i used to work nights in bicester..and on the way home most mornings between 4 and 5 am.. down the A34 to oxford.. straight road ...i could top 160... even with no traffic you still have to stay with it :unsure:

used to have a well sorted cossie...2wd 320 hp used to pull 7k in top np..

that's going back 7 yrs now mind ....wouldn't do that now if i had a car that would do it... :rolleyes:

when i do go out in the dax.. not very often i just light the back end up every time i can but hardly go over a ton..(open road only)...

but it is nice to go out at night when all the duffers and idiots are in bed... :D

pic added of cossie :)

post-13-1130545766.jpg

tour round manchester airport with youngest son, the noise going through the underpass at international arrivals was pretty impressive!

you should of tried the runway tunnels too my 205 sounds amazing throught there (twin 45's) so in a hood I would imagine its a goose bump moment!!